Merck’s Keytruda manages to cross finish line in confirmatory liver cancer trial
Merck & Co Inc. M.K.R. at published the final results of the phase 3 trial of Keytruda (pembrolizumab) plus best supportive care (BSC) in patients with previously treated hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
- Keytruda reduced the risk of death by 21% compared with placebo in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma in Asia who had previously received sorafenib.
- Merck’s Keytruda also beat placebo in shrinking tumors and preventing disease progression, according to data presented at the 2022 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Gastrointestinal Cancer Symposium.
- The Company has announced main data in september.
- The results come from the KEYNOTE-394 Phase 3 trial, which is expected to serve as a new confirmatory trial for accelerated approval of Keytruda in post-Nexavar liver cancer; a previous phase 3 The KEYNOTE-240 study narrowly missed its target.
- Keytruda showed a similar 22% reduction in the risk of death in the global KEYNOTE-240 trial. But the new Asian trial met with statistical significance.
- Keytruda + BSC showed a median overall survival of 14.6 months versus 13.0 months on placebo.
- 34.3% of patients on the Keytruda regimen remained alive at two years compared to 24.9% for the placebo plus BSC.
- There were three deaths in the Keytruda arm related to the study intervention.
- Price action: Shares of MRK are down 0.50% at $81.13 in the premarket session of the last check on Wednesday.
If you don’t use this trading strategy, you are leaving money on the table…
If you look blindly and trade stocks like 99% of traders do, you are missing out on HUGE potential returns. Even new traders who started following this options trading strategy immediately started seeing returns that they wouldn’t have otherwise. With even two trades per month with this strategy, you will start to see the difference in your trading account. Stop wasting time “guessing” and “getting lucky”. Click here to see if you qualify for Benzinga options!