Take care of your liver with these simple but effective home remedies by Luke Coutinho
Home remedies for liver health: The liver is one of the most important organs in the body. It performs the function of filtering toxins from the body. Here are some home remedies suggested by lifestyle coach Luke Coutinho to detoxify and cleanse your liver naturally.
Home Remedies For Liver: Turmeric Is A Powerful Spice To Boost Your Liver Health
- Excessive alcohol consumption and smoking can damage your liver
- Turmeric is great for your liver health
- Beets and Beet Juice Can Cleanse Your Liver Naturally
Liver Health Remedies: A healthy liver can help you achieve good health. The liver is undoubtedly one of the most important organs in the human body. In one of his Facebook live sessions, lifestyle coach Luke Coutinho said that the liver is the organ that performs the function of filtering the blood that passes through the rest of the body. In this article, we are going to talk about lifestyle habits that can help you have a healthy liver. In this article, we’ll talk about steps you can take to improve liver health.
Home remedies for liver health: Why is the liver one of the most important organs in the body?
- It is important to know that the liver produces certain proteins that are vital for human health.
- The liver secretes bile, which is then stored in the gallbladder. Bile is necessary for the breakdown of fats in the body. It also plays a role in fat burning. It is when your liver is loaded with toxic substances and excess fat that your body is unable to lose weight and burn fat despite a healthy diet and exercise routine.
- The liver is also responsible for breaking down carbohydrates in the body.
- Excessive alcohol consumption or regular alcohol consumption can render the liver unable to sustain such a toxic load. It slows down the functioning and metabolism of the liver and that is why you get hangover, sluggishness, reduced ability to think and fatigue. Excessive alcohol consumption can also lead to fatty liver disease.
- However, you can also get non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) if you lead a sedentary lifestyle. Eating too many refined carbohydrates, refined sugar, junk foods, and fried foods, and not giving your body time to detox can lead to NAFLD.
- The accumulation of toxic waste in your body, due to poor liver health, can lead to leaky gut, indigestion, poor immunity, allergies, intolerances, etc.
Also Read: Tips for a Fatty Liver Diet: What to Eat and Avoid to Fight Fatty Liver Disease
How can you give your liver health a boost?
1. Turmeric is the golden spice that can promote liver health. It is best consumed with a little black pepper in the presence of a good fatty medium like coconut oil, pure ghee, extra virgin olive oil, etc.
2. Extra virgin olive oil is great for cleansing your liver. When you drink regularly or drink too much, you can take a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice first thing in the morning to cleanse your liver naturally.
3. Vitamin C-rich lemon is alkaline when it mixes with your saliva. Lemon is great for your liver health.
4. Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, kale, celery, cauliflower, cabbage, and radishes, to name a few, can help cleanse your liver. These cruciferous vegetables are high in sulfur. Including them in your daily diet can also be great for your immune system.
5. Lightly steamed and lightly cooked or raw garlic is also great for your liver health.
Also Read: Include These 8 Foods In Your Diet For A Healthier Liver
6. Nuts high in omega-3 fatty acids are good for boosting your liver health.
7. Sugar-Free Black Coffee Can Be Great For Detoxifying Your Liver and keep it clean.
8. Green tea and black tea are excellent liver detoxifiersas fat as you get the natural, good quality sources of black tea and green tea.
9. Beetroot or beetroot juice contains nitric oxide, which has the ability to boost your liver functioning.
ten. Milk thistle, dandelion tea, and sugar cane juice are powerful liver detoxifiers.
11. Coconut water is very alkaline, ideal for hydrating yourself and cleansing your liver naturally. Maintaining your hydration levels is an important step towards achieving a healthy liver.
12. Practice intermittent fasting for at least 12 hours to cleanse and detoxify your liver naturally.
Try these foods to heal, cleanse, and detoxify your liver and let us know how you feel in the comments below. Reduce your intake of alcohol, unhealthy junk food and quit smoking. Exercise regularly to improve blood circulation, prevent fatty liver disease and maintain a healthy weight. Make sure you sleep well and stress less.
Also read: These are by far the best diet tips to maintain a healthy liver
(Luke Coutinho, holistic lifestyle coach – integrative medicine)
Disclaimer: This content, including advice, provides generic information only. It does not in any way replace qualified medical advice. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim any responsibility for this information.