The worst foods for the liver | 5 foods that harm your liver health
The liver, which is the manufacturing center of the human body, when overwhelmed with toxins affects the metabolic processes in the body and creates several health problems. The liver is an organ of the digestive system, which in humans is located in the upper right quadrant of the abdomen, below the diaphragm. Its function is to detoxify various metabolites, synthesize proteins and produce biochemicals necessary for digestion and growth.Read also – The price of gasoline should drop by 30%, alcohol 17% cheaper in the next 2 days | All details inside
We may not realize it, but we harm our liver in many ways. From drinking alcohol, to overdosing on medication, to eating a bad diet, we could have hindered our liver in many ways. Read also – Liver problems? Stop Eating These Foods Today – Watch the List in the Video
Liver disease is among the top 10 causes of death in India, with fatty liver emerging as a growing cause of liver damage. Also Read – 5 Surprising Health and Skin Benefits of Sugar
In an interview with Hindustan time, Dr. Siddhant Bhargavafitness and nutrition expert, said: “As we are what we eat, we should consume foods that are good for healthy living and avoid foods that make the liver work harder and impede its functions.”
5 foods you should NEVER have to protect your liver
- Sugar: Having too much sugar can impact your liver, especially raw and refined sugar commonly found in candy, cookies, and soda can harm your liver.
- Alcohol: Consuming too much alcohol can seriously affect your liver. Alcohol can lead to inflammation, cell death and fibrosis. Did you know that overconsumption of alcohol can lead to cirrhosis of the liver which can lead to vomiting blood, jaundice and liver cancer?
- White flour: You should stop consuming white flour as it is highly processed and lacks minerals, fiber and other essential nutrients. You should avoid eating pizza, pasta, cookies, bread, etc.
- Fast food items: Don’t we all love burgers, fries and fries, but did you know that they are difficult to digest and can give you fatty liver and saturated fat.
- Red meat: Eating red meat may seem like an undertaking but it can have a bad impact on your liver, it is difficult to digest. Too much protein can lead to fatty liver disease.